Even though I’ve made it crystal clear that I do not make New Year’s Resolutions, I’ve reposted these several years on this day just because they’re so awesome. This list is from 1942 and the great Woody Guthrie.
Click the pic to enlarge.
As I’ve said before, I don’t “do” New Year’s Resolutions. I have found that not making them has actually helped me achieve more of my primary life goals.
It’s something along the lines of Yoda’s wisdom, or Nike’s. Or both. I’d love for you to consider the logic by reading this blog: “Resolve To Not Resolve.” Then, consider joining the non-resolving movement.
But as general life-goals, you can’t get much better than Woody. I started seeing this list float around the internet about three New Year’s ago, and I’m glad folks are reading his folk-wisdom. Although, this year when you Google it, the top link is no longer Woody’s own great website, but “Business Insider’s” repost.
Not quite sure how to fathom that “Business Insider” has embraced Woody Guthrie.
Don’t think he would reciprocate.
- Woody Guthrie Really Knew How To Do New Year’s Resolutions (blogscottsdaleaz.wordpress.com)
- Woody Guthrie’s 33 New Year’s Resolutions (aerogrammestudio.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions and other Foolhardy Endeavors. (knittingskeet.wordpress.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions (nyceducator.com)
- Woody Guthrie’s New Years Rulins (irresponsibility.wordpress.com)
- In Search of Woody Guthrie’s America (nytimes.com)
Filed under: Balcony People, Music News, Poetry In Motion, Worth Repeating Tagged: New Year Resolution, newyear, Nike, Woody, Woody Guthrie, Yoda